KOTI-UTC On-line Conference(2020)
The VKTrans strengthens human resources and academic exchange systems such as joint research, performance evaluation, and data collection through continuous exchanges with Vietnamese government organizations as well as Vietnamese public agencies.
However, because of the Corona-19 pandemic, dispatched workers were unable to perform their projects, and the Vietnam government continued to discuss various infrastructure cooperation projects and policy support through online video conferences with the Vietnam University of Transportation and Communication in August 2020.
The objective of the video conference was to discuss operational measures to cope with the COVID-19 situation as the current role of the VKTrans was reduced. It also discussed ways to maximize the capabilities of the VKTrans and looked for new cooperation in the transportation infrastructure sector in Korea and Vietnam after Post-COVID-19. Here is an overview of a video conference.
Date & Time:
- August 5, 2020 (Tuesday) at 15:00.
- The conference room on the 2nd floor of the Korea Transport Institute(Video conference by using Zoom)
- Korea: Jae-Hak Oh(President of KTRI), Chung-Yeol Ye (Vice President of KTRI), Sang-min Lee(Director of Global Transportation Research Center), Chang-hwan Mo(Director of the center), Young-in Kwon(Senior Researcher), Gwang-Seong Jin(Researcher), and so forth.
- Vietnam: Nguyen Ngoc Long(President of Vietnam Transportation and Communication University), An Minh Ngoc(President of the center), and Ngo Van Minh(Vice-president of the center).
2. Main Contents
The performance and activities of the VKTrans were discussed, and participants also discussed how to operate the center in a contact-free method as subsequent dispatchers were unable to perform their duties due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The main discussions of video conferences are as follows.
|Activity Evaluation of the Korea-Vietnam Transportation Infrastructure Cooperation Center(VKTrans).
- Evaluation of the activities of the VKTrans when dispatching Senior Researcher Chang-Hwan Mo.
- Result report preparation (3 volumes) and support for the revision of Vietnam's road law, etc.
|Performing knowledge sharing and competency reinforcement programs.
- Face-to-face seminars and capacity building programs cannot be performed due to COVID-19.
- Discussing the direction of the webinar and conducting contact-free business such as online program implementation.
|Follow-up dispatch, joint research, etc.
- In early 2021, when the COVID-19 is mitigated, the follow-up workers will be dispatched to Vietnam.
- Discussions on ways to conduct joint research with the Vietnamese Academy of Social Sciences, TDSI, etc.